The Conference And Award
Social Justice Award and Conference is an annual epoch making event that is aimed at identifying vacuum in the Nigerian Social Justice System wherein Social Justice Crusaders and Good Governance Advocates are neither mentioned nor recognized in their efforts to ensure a better society.
As the world is undergoing rapid economic and social developments, which has resulted in more complex and sophisticated governance globally, one of the major challenges for Governments, Organisations, Companies, and Institutions is to meet the increasing expectations from a better informed and educated society for an open, fair and accountable public administration. This has resulted in an increased demand in the services of the Social Justice Crusaders and Good Governance Advocates, as agents for change, fairness and accountability in the society.
The Conference will bring together academia, technocrats, civil society, public servants, interest group, researchers and private organisations to interact and x-ray topical issues that borders on Social Justice and Good Governance.
This year (2022) Conference is themed Social Justice, the Bedrock for National Development with keynote lecture on Human Rights and Security. Focus Group Discussions will be held on the following sectors on these topical areas:
- Special Focus Group Discuss with Heads of Organisations, DG, MD, CEOs, etc (Policy Implementation; Challenges and Opportunity)
- Election (Independent Election monitoring and Observation at the Grassroots)
- Security and Law Enforcement (Citizens Rights and Enforcement)
- Taxation (Nigeria’s Current Taxation System: How realistic?)
- Judiciary and Correctional Services (Efficient service Delivery in the Judiciary and Correctional Services, Challenges and Opportunities)
- Social Justice and Internally Displaced Persons (Dehumanization of Internally Displaced Persons, the way forward)
- Education (Prioritizing education for National Development)
- Housing (Towards affordable Housing for all)
- Oil and Gas (Availability and affordability to the citizens)
The Conference and Awards will offer an exceptional platform to share experiences, recognize hard works and good initiatives, network, exhibition and build capacity to promote Justice, Equity, Fairness and Good Governance, as well as serve as a marketing platform for service delivery and business enhancement. This event is expected to bring together more than 500 participants from different sectors. The Award Dinner is a platform to celebrate and promote individuals and organizations who have done outstandingly well in this sector.
The Conference and Award will feature:
To build Equitable, Fair and Just Society for Good Governance and National Development.
To promote equal rights and opportunities for all Nigerians irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, religion and culture through social engagements, advocacy and also recognize outstanding individuals and organizations in different sectors of the society.
Aims & Objectives
Speakers, Panelists and Moderators
How To Participate
Intending participants are expected to register via the website (www.socialjusticeaward.com).
Participation can also be in form of sponsorship, Collaborations, supports, exhibitions and many more.
Nomination And Voting for the Award:
The Nomination and Voting is open to individuals, Public and Private Sector Organisations and Institutions via the website (www.socialjusticeaward.com). The Award Committee shall be responsible for evaluation and review of the process.
Award Eligibility Criteria For Nomination:
The criteria are as follows: